- March 5, 2018
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
- March 6, 2018
7:30 am - 11:30 am
The Snake River Chapter ASSE is pleased to offer a 12-hour Safety Trained Supervisor (STS/STSC) Exam Preparation Course by nationally recognized course instructor, Rick Callor. This course will cover what you need to know to pass your STS/STSC certification exam. Companies have found that having certified Safety Trained Supervisors reduces incident and worker’s compensation rates, improves OSHA compliance, and develops safety ownership. Each course participant will receive a USB flash drive for home study of the material covered.
- Description of the STS process
- Introduction to OSHA, recordkeeping, and multi-employer worksites
- Principles of accident investigation
- Fall protection, stairways, ladders, excavations
- Hand/power tools; cranes, derricks, hoists
- Hazard communication
- Personal protective equipment; respirators
- Confined space
- Fire protection; electrical
- Intro to industrial hygiene; ergonomics
Why STS/STSC? Companies with supervisors who have obtained a STS/STSC certification find it:
- Reduces incident and worker’s compensation rates
- Increases competence in supervisory safety decisions
- Improves overall safety programs and OSHA compliance
- Develops professionalism and safety ownership
Who should be STS/STSC certified? This class is designed for personnel with a safety responsibility that is adjunct or collateral to their job duties, including managers at all levels, first line supervisors, superintendents, foremen, crew chiefs or craftsmen. It provides guidance and assistance in preparing for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals examination for general industry (STS) and construction (STSC), which is nationally accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies.
Through the use of numerous case studies and instruction from Rick Callor, CSP, STS, you will learn the best known methods used by supervisors to obtain world class safety performance. Participants will receive a flash drive containing all the training materials and sample questions to use as a study guide.
You can register by one of the following options:
- Register and pay online at https://snakeriver.asse.org/events/12-hour-sts-stsc-prep-class/ (the easiest option)
- Download and E-mail the registration form to email@example.com
- Mail the registration form to ASSE Snake River Chapter, PO Box 45878; Boise, ID 83711-5878
Register today to lock in the early registration discount!