The State Insurance Fund (SIF) is Idaho’s leading workers compensation insurance provider. Since our inception in 1917, SIF has been dedicated to Idaho businesses and their injured workers. Our employees are the face of SIF and crucial to providing exceptional customer service. The majority of our policyholders are small businesses that are the backbone of Idaho’s economy. We are proud to offer services to help protect their employees and support their financial strength.
As a key member of a dynamic team of Safety professionals, you will be responsible for providing professional loss prevention assistance to SIF policyholders in Pocatello and the surrounding Eastern Idaho area. You will work directly with management of Idaho businesses to analyze their organizational structure, management practices, loss prevention policies, accident statistics, and work activities. If you are passionate about safety in the workplace, and you are at the top of your game looking for your next big challenge, please read on!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Analyzing organizational structure, management practices, work activities, current loss prevention policies, claim reports, and accident trends.
- Providing written recommendations, technical assistance, and employer training on methods to identify and correct unsafe working conditions and practices.
- Conducting training programs, workshops, and seminars for SIF’s policyholder managers and supervisors.
- Conducting loss prevention surveys to assess business practices and organizational commitment to safety.
- Understanding workers compensation laws, rules, regulations, policy provisions, work classifications, premium formulas, and reporting requirements and their impact on safety outcomes and business costs.
- Understanding claims liability and third-party or products liability.
Your background should include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health Sciences, Occupational Health and Safety, Safety Program Management, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene, or Industrial Safety or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of loss prevention program elements, industrial safety practices, and the identification of unsafe work practices or conditions.
- Knowledge of management/organizational theory, organizational behavior, and common business practices.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing training techniques and effectively presenting material to audiences of between 10-50 people.
- Knowledge of basic math and the ability to apply basic mathematical formulas to calculate insurance premiums, experience modifications, and loss ratios.
- Experience evaluating safety-related management policies and procedures and developing written recommendations.
- Experience working with customers in a field setting, in a direct customer contact environment.
- Proficiency using computer software to enter, query, and edit data.
- In-depth technical knowledge of loss prevention practices.
- Ability to plan, organize, and carry out work assignments independently without close supervision.
- Must possess a valid Idaho driver’s license.
- Ability to travel approximately 70% of the time (this position is based in Pocatello and will travel to policyholder sites in an assigned area within Eastern Idaho).
In addition to a great working environment and a strong focus on work-life balance, this position offers a unique opportunity to work from your home office in conjunction with policyholder site visits. SIF also offers a competitive salary and an amazing benefits package!
For more information on who we are and what we do, check us out at www.idahosif.org. If we have sparked your interest, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIF values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. Please note that applicants need to have legal authority to work permanently in the U.S.